The high-quality olive oil is produced in Bettona, Italy by "La Macina di Bettona". It is perfect for cooking, frying and tastes delicious even on bread.
Olive oil is considered a nutraceutical foodstuff which is not only nutritionally but also pharmaceutically valuable. It is therefore important that it consumed daily as part of a balanced diet. A guideline value of 25 g per day (equivalent to two large spoons) applies. Thanks to these organoleptic characteristics, olive oil can be used in the kitchen as a condiment and for cooked dishes (oil is added at the end of cooking). As it is a natural flavour enhancer that enriches the taste of both raw and cooked food, but is also suitable for frying and deep-frying sauces, it is almost universally applicable. Olive oil is well suited for frying as it has a smoke point of 210°C, which is very high compared to other oils. Therefore it tolerates the frying temperatures, which are between 160 and 180°C, well.
The farm and the olive tree cultivation
La Macina di Bettona is a family business located in Umbria between the hills of Bettona, a small village near Assisi and Perugia. The company has a great treasure, the precious green gold, the olive oil. Its olive groves include between 11,000 and 12,000 olive trees, located in different zones between the hills of Bettona. The 80% of the olive trees are of Moraiolo quality, while the remaining 20% are species such as Frantoio and Leccino and a small percentage are Pendolino and Agogia.
Certified DOP olive oil
Over the years the farm's olive oil has been awarded the DOP designation by the "Consorzio di tutela dell'olio extravergine di oliva": Denominazione di Origine Protetta (protected designation of origin). The DOP is a brand that protects agri-food products of a certain value, is frequently controlled and guarantees the origin and quality of the oil.
The olive harvest begins around November. Within 24 hours of harvesting, the olives must be taken to the oil mill where they are processed into olive oil and olive pomace (olive residue).
It is important to keep to the timetable, because after about 24 hours the process of maceration and oxidation of the olives taken from the tree begins.the company has been using the Frantoio Ercolanetti oil mill since 2019.
On request we can also offer you the oil as a subscription - at reduced rates. Please send us an e-mail.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.